Government Job Vacancies in Canada (GC) | Apply for Province Level Gov Careers in Canada : Are you interested in Federal Government employment opportunities in Canada? Or, maybe getting that much-deserved Federal promotion? Keep some patience and explore all job vacancies. There are a number of recruitment steps to go through to be successful in your Federal Government of Canada job application.
Process of Applying for Government of Canada Job Vacancies
Getting a Canadian federal public service job includes several steps in the recruitment process. Here’s what you have to complete for a better chance to get government jobs in Canada (though not necessarily in this order):
- Search for suitable job vacancies and apply for
- Check your Government of Canada (GC Jobs) account to see if you have been screened in
- Attend a written exam or test, or attend an interview if required
- Provide references to the HR manager and go through security screening
- Regularly check your GC Jobs profile/email to get recruitment updates on the process
After applying for a position, if you’re screened in, you may be requested to attend a written test or series of tests. Else, you may also be invited to attend an interview. Let the HR personnel inviting you to the test or interview know, as soon as possible, if you think assessment accommodation measures could make written tests or interviews more accessible to you.
Required Qualification for Applying for Government of Canada Jobs
Assuming you have gone over the full job posting in detail, it is now time to break it down and go through each stage one at a time. In order to begin, you must first determine what the essential qualities are and determine whether or not you meet them. Moreover, if you do meet them, you must demonstrate in your resume and/or cover letter how you met their expectations.
The Essential Qualifications are the bare minimum requirements for applying for the position. This is the section where you will tailor your resume and/or cover letter to a specific audience. If your resume does not demonstrate that you meet all of the requirements, it will be discarded from further consideration.
A section titled Asset Qualifications or Other Qualifications may also be included in the document. This will include any schooling and/or work experience that would be beneficial, but not absolutely necessary, to be qualified for the position. It is essential that you include any relevant assets in your application if you do in fact hold them.
Let’s take this a step further and break it down. What are the two most important qualifications that everyone should have?
This education section will explicitly define the minimal level of education required for this position. It could be a high school diploma, or it could be a degree in a relevant sector such as business, technology, or a combination of these things.
It is possible to have a combination of education and experience, according to the statement. No matter what it is, make sure to put it in your resume/cover letter where it will be easily visible and understood.
If you have a bachelor’s degree and the required minimum education is high school, you should provide your high school diploma.
Having a degree may seem like a given, but don’t leave any room for dispute about whether or not you have completed your high school education. Include the high school in your calculations.
- This is the type of experience that the hiring manager has determined is necessary for you to be successful in this position. The quantity of experience provisions included in a contract is entirely dependent on the employment. You must meet each and every one of them, no matter how many there are. If you are unable to demonstrate your experience, your resume will be discarded from consideration. It’s also important to pay attention to the language used in the experience statements. It’s possible that adjectives like “recent” and “significant” will be included in the phrasing. You should describe recent and recent past with something like:
- “Recent is defined as occurring within the last five years.”
- “It is considered significant if it has been in effect for at least three consecutive years.”
- If the job posting specifies that you must have recent and significant experience, your resume must clearly demonstrate that you meet those requirements. In your professional experience, you must provide dates that show how long you have been performing those functions so that the person reviewing your resume can clearly see that you have been performing the role within the last five years and have done so for a period of three or more years. Moreover, if they require the relevant experience to be stated in a cover letter, you must make certain that your paragraphs include the length of time you have spent doing a particular function.
Once you have completed the essential credentials for the government of Canada jobs, you would proceed to complete the asset or other qualifications in the same manner. Determine what assets you have and incorporate them in your resume and/or cover letter, if applicable.
The most important thing to remember is to tailor your resume and/or cover letter to the specific Canadian government job for which you are applying. If you do not comply, you may be screened out of the competition. In other words, do not use the same resume for every job application, no matter how good it is. Each one must be able to speak to each of the necessary qualifications. Furthermore, each job posting will feature a separate set of requirements.
Find and Apply for a Government Job in Canada
- Login to your job profile to apply for a job or to review the status of your application
- Search for available public service jobs
- You can try filters to refine your job search
- To make your job search easier, you can:
- create a saved search
- sign up for email alerts, where the search criteria you have chosen will be applied and will be saved to your account
- On the job advertisement, select the Apply online link
- Work your way through the list of Requirements, completing each section and saving as you go
- If you identify as a female or aboriginal person, or a member of a visible minority, or a person with a disability by law, you may declare yourself in the Employment Equity category of the Requirements, using consent option 3.
- Submit your job application before the expiry date and time listed on the job listing, using the Submit application link
The Government of Canada is hiring workers from various backgrounds because it promotes the public service even more inclusive, diverse, and a team of talents. Self-declaration is not mandatory, but the people who declare as a member of one of the 4 employment equity groups, will be offered opportunities for jobs where they belong to one of the employment groups.
Test and Accommodation Measures
After the completion of the job application, if you’re screened in, you may be invited to attend a test or series of tests. You may also be asked to attend an interview.
Accommodation measures will be tailored to your own situation during the test. The may include working with symbolic language interpreters or reader services, using optional formats, technical assistance or attendant support services.
More information about public service testing:
- Tests commonly used to recommend candidates for job, with some sample questions and practice tests
- Information on the unsupervised internet testing
- Information on writing online tests
- Second language testing and language requirements
List of High-Demand Government Jobs in Canada 2023
|1. Student guide-interpreter, Residence of the Governor General at Rideau Hall – Summer 2023||Canada||–|
|2. Civil aviation safety Inspector – Flight operations||Dorval (Québec)||$113,880 to $133,570|
|3. Coordinator Construction Services (Student)||Greenwood (Nova Scotia)||$33,021 to $44,579|
|4. Coordinator, Contract Services||Esquimalt (British Columbia)||$70,018 to $94,525|
|5. Creative Services Officer||Ottawa (Ontario)||$71,599 to $77,368|
|6. Detachment Services Assistant||Grande Prairie (Alberta)||$55,543 to $60,130|
|7. Interpretive Planner, Exhibitions (Canada Aviation and Space Museum)||Ottawa (Ontario)||$64,140 to $78,011|
|8. LEARNING DESIGNERS WANTED!||Ottawa (Ontario)||ED-EDS-01: $70,954 to $82,698 / ED-EDS-02: $85,010 to $90,327 / ED-EDS-03: $90,726 to $96,441|
|9. Managing Director, Industry Surveillance Division||Vancouver (British Columbia), Toronto (Ontario), Ottawa (Ontario), Montréal – Other locations (Québec)||$178,900 to $223,500|
|10. Plumber||Banff (Alberta), Banff National Park of Canada (Alberta)||$32.91 to $35.77 per hour (currently under review)|
|11. Risk Manager||Ottawa (Ontario)||$88,618 to $101,999|
|12. Senior Administrative Assistant (Anywhere in Canada)||Various Locations||$49,528 to $61,910|
|13. Senior Advisor, IT Applications (Solution Architect)||Ottawa (Ontario)||$103,430 to $128,305|
|14. Student guide-interpreter, Residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Québec – Summer 2023||Office of the Secretary to the Governor General||–|
|15. TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, ANIMATION AND INTERACTIVE STUDIO||Montréal – Other locations (Québec)||$81,693 to $104,457|
|16. TECHNOLOGIST, EVENTS, PRODUCTION AND POST-PRODUCTION SUPPORT||Montréal Island (Québec)||$66,625 to $83,525|
|17. Accommodations and Security Officer||Edmonton (Alberta), Vancouver (British Columbia)||$54,878 to $61,379|
|18. Administrative Support Clerk / Production Centre Assistant||Chilliwack (British Columbia)||$50,821 to $54,857|
|19. CRA is actively hiring experienced AU03 Income & Excise tax Auditors for multiple opportunities in NL Tax Services Office!||St. John’s (Newfoundland and Labrador)||$88,261 to $107,249|
|20. Digital Collections Information Technician||Gatineau (Québec)||$52,403 to $62,995|
|21. Director, Strategic Operations||Victoria (British Columbia)||$113,866 to $144,757|
|22. Group Leader, Safety||Calgary (Alberta)||$109,692 to $133,457 (Subject to revision)|
|23. Impact Assessment Officer||Kouchibouguac National Park of Canada (New Brunswick)||$63,720 to $77,523 (Salary under review)|
|24. Mechanic (Inventory)||Jasper National Park of Canada (Alberta)||$32.80 to $35.64 per hour (salary under review)|
|25. Regional Engineer, Aircraft Certification||Dorval (Québec)||$104,135 to $121,451|
|26. SP-08 Compensation Policy Advisor (AS-05 equivalent)||Ottawa (Ontario)||$86,484 to $97,339|
|27. Veterans Service Team Manager : Bring your skills to Veterans Affairs Canada||Kelowna (British Columbia), Penticton (British Columbia), Comox (British Columbia)||$83,013 to $104,200|
|28. Analyst / Principal Analyst, Industry Surveillance||Toronto (Ontario)||$74,900 to $119,300 (RE-04: $74,900 – $96,600; RE-05: $92,600 – $119,300)|
|29. Arctic GT 04/05 – Various positions – Environmental Response, Incident Management, Vessels of Concern||Various Locations||$66,610 to $85,005|
|30. CCG Arctic GT-06 Incident Management Various positions||Various Locations||$82,735 to $94,499|
|31. Communications & Partnership Coordinator – Soldier On||Ottawa (Ontario)||$59,180 to $69,630|
|32. CR-05/AS-01 Senior Accounting Clerk||Gatineau (Québec)||$55,543 to $61,379|
|33. Cultural Resource Management Advisor I||Jasper National Park of Canada (Alberta)||$71,820 to $77,608 (currently under review)|
|34. Developer, Technology Solutions (Anywhere in Canada)||Various Locations||$56,529 to $70,661|
|35. EG-07 – Area Supervisor, Marine and Civil Infrastructure||Hay River (Northwest Territories)||$84,808 to $103,181|
|36. Forensic Specialist – Developmental||Ottawa (Ontario)||$34,969 to $75,500|
|37. Human Resources Assistant||Ottawa (Ontario)||$50,167 to $62,843|
|38. Inuksugait Resume Inventory||Jobs located in various communities across Nunavut||Pay depends on the position|
|39. Make a difference! Become a Correctional Officer II – Healing Lodges||Maskwacis (Alberta), Duck Lake (Saskatchewan)||$70,958 to $89,068|
|40. Manager, Strategic and Public Communications||Ottawa (Ontario)||$90,632 to $113,293|
|41. Plumber||Lake Louise, AB||$32.91 to $35.77 per hour (under review)|
|42. Product Engineer (18 month term)||Ottawa (Ontario)||$72,800 to $91,000|
|43. Program Officer||Ottawa (Ontario)||$79,344 to $93,382|
|44. Project Officer||National Capital Region – Other locations (Ontario)||$68,641 to $91,072|
|45. Research Scientist – Plant Physiologist and Viticulturist||Summerland (British Columbia)||$60,333 to $155,950 (The classification level and salary will be determined by the qualifications of the candidate.)|
|46. Senior Client Accommodation Specialist||Ottawa (Ontario)||$85,476 to $92,412|
|47. Senior Developer, Technology Solutions (Anywhere in Canada)||Various Locations||$78,657 to $98,321|
|48. Senior Policy Advisor||Yellowknife (Northwest Territories)||$100,121 to $116,116|
|49. Senior Security Operations Analyst||Toronto (Ontario), Ottawa (Ontario)||$92,600 to $119,300|
|50. Senior Specialist, Software Engineer (Anywhere in Canada)||Various Locations||$94,388 to $117,986|
|51. Storesperson||Bagotville (Québec)||$24.38 to $26.51 per hour|
|52. Supervisor, Protective Services||Winnipeg (Manitoba)||$72,800 to $91,000|
|53. Veterans Service Agent: Bring your skills to Veterans Affairs Canada||Multiple locations in Otario||$51,605 to $71,024|
|54. Bar Supervisor||Esquimalt (British Columbia)||$16.29 to $22.09 per hour|
|55. Data Production and Dissemination Coordinator – INVENTORY||Edmonton (Alberta), Vancouver (British Columbia)||$68,666 to $77,696|
|56. ATIP Analyst||Ottawa (Ontario)||$83,500 to $98,235|
|57. BANQUET SERVER||Ottawa (Ontario)||$15.55 per hour|
|58. COMMUNICATIONS/MARKETING STRATEGIST – ZONES THÉÂTRALES||Ottawa (Ontario)||$25.47 to $32.86 per hour|
|59. Conservation scientist (Analytical Chemist)||Ottawa (Ontario)||$73,727 to $88,384 (under review)|
|60. COORDINATOR – ZONES THÉÂTRALES||Ottawa (Ontario)||$21.52 to $27.76 per hour|